Associate Scientist/Sr. Associate Scientist - Medicinal Chemistry
Terray Therapeutics is a venture-backed biotechnology company led by pioneers and long-time leaders in artificial intelligence, synthetic chemistry, automation, and nanotechnology. We’re generating chemical data purpose-built to propel drug discovery into the information age — and we’re doing it on a larger scale and faster than has ever before been possible.
Our closed loop system generates precise chemical datasets at unrivaled scale that work seamlessly with AI to systematically map biochemical interactions between small molecules and causes of disease. Iterative cycles of virtual molecular design and experimentation power AI and machine learning models, which in turn guide the next cycle of design. With a chemistry engine that measures billions of interactions daily and becomes increasingly precise with every cycle, we can answer an unprecedented array of questions — deriving insights that enable us to predictably create drugs for patients in need.
Terray is currently seeking a motivated and creative scientist to join our growing medicinal chemistry group. As an integral member of the Preclinical Development team, the candidate will contribute to hit-to- lead and lead optimization efforts across multiple programs, leveraging our vast chemical datasets and proprietary wet-lab + computational platforms to power state-of-the-art small molecule design and synthesis. In this interdisciplinary role, the candidate will work closely with the medicinal chemistry team at Terray, as well as the biology, computational chemistry, DMPK and Pharmacology teams within Terray.
The core responsibilities of this position are:
- Synthesis and design of small molecules from multiple programs in hit-to-lead and lead optimization
- Partner with the computational and platform teams to design compounds for on- and off-platform synthesis
- Work closely with CRO chemists to design synthetic routes and trouble-shoot problematic syntheses
- Work closely with the medicinal chemistry team to guide multiparameter optimization of ADME, DMPK and safety properties
Experience and Qualifications
Part of Terray’s success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, vested in a vision of excellence, and actively taking part in the success of the business. Terray supports a positive work environment where employees can feel engaged, recognized and empowered to be creative.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees in organic chemistry, synthetic chemistry or related field
- 3-10+ years of experience in synthetic chemistry in the biotech or pharmaceutical industries
- Demonstrates high productivity in the lab while showcasing a high degree of autonomy in route design
- Demonstrates high proficiency in purification methods
- Formulates conclusions of scientific experiments clearly and can design follow-on experiments
- Adheres to good safety practices
- Reliable and dependable scientist with strong presentation and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and can thrive in a highly cooperative, fast-paced environment
$80,000-$120,000 (annually) depending on seniority for Associate Scientist; $92,000-$138,000 (annually) depending on seniority for Sr. Associate Scientist; participation in the Company's option plan; 3% 401K contribution; full benefits