Associate/Sr. Associate Automation Engineer
Terray Therapeutics is a venture-backed biotechnology company leveraging our vast high-quality data to optimize the path from discovery to transformative therapeutics. Our approach delivers on the promise of computation to revolutionize drug discovery. Through our closed-loop wet lab discovery platform and data-rich AI, we overcome existing constraints on chemical data by systematically mapping the biochemical interactions of massive and diverse small molecule libraries to identify novel therapeutic compounds. Access to this quantitative data at scale allows us to intelligently navigate an infinitely extensible and highly diverse chemical space to efficiently design, discover and optimize small molecule therapeutics. Our internal development programs are focused on immunology. In addition to these programs we also work with leading pharmaceutical companies.
Our integrated computational platform, tNova, harnesses our novel affinity binding technology, tArray, unique resynthesis capabilities, and broad biology infrastructure. tArray is the foundation of our discovery engine. It enables us to screen hundreds of millions of compounds in minutes and return quantitative data on each compound. Vast, high purity, and high diversity compound libraries are rapidly iterated using best-in-class chemistry to unlock chemical insights at the scale necessary to power AI-driven drug discovery.
Terray Therapeutics is seeking a motivated, creative, and experienced Associate/Sr. Associate Automation Engineer. As an integral member of our Automation team, the candidate will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the automated systems that power our wet-lab. The position will report to the Director of Automation.
The core responsibilities of this job will be
- Partner with our scientific and production teams to design, acquire, and implement laboratory automation platforms
- System programming and script creation
- Provide support for integrated and modular automation systems
- Design experiments for process optimization
- De-novo design of custom systems for niche applications within our processes
Experience and Qualifications
Given the company’s size, anticipated growth and fast-paced environment, the organization requires an automation engineer who is thoughtful, high energy and can partner with the broader organization to further enhance our next generation drug discovery capabilities.
Part of Terray Therapeutics’ success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, everyone is vested in a vision of excellence, and everyone actively takes part in the success of the business. Terray Therapeutics supports a positive work environment comprised of engaged employees who feel appreciated, recognized and free to be creative.
- Prior use of laboratory automation systems (Tecan, Hamilton, Agilent, Thermo, HighRes Biosolutions, GNF, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to script in vendor supplied control software
- Experience in implementing automated systems in support of chemical and biological workflows.
- Proficiency with design software, such as Solidworks, and fabrication tools (3D printing, CNC, laser cutting, etc.)
- Familiarity with programming languages (PYTHON, Java, C#, .Net)
- Experience with optical imaging systems such as fluorescence microscopy
She/he will exhibit the ability to work well under pressure to provide results in a short timeframe. The company is looking for a highly responsive, goal-oriented individual who will bring significant energy and drive to solve complex technical problems and help us achieve our mission to advance human health.
$80,000-$138,000 (annually) depending on seniority; participation in the Company’s option plan; 3% 401K contribution; full benefits.