Who We Are
PathAI is on a mission to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. We are transforming traditional pathology methods into powerful, new technologies. These innovations in pathology can help accelerate drug development, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly. At PathAI, you'll work with a diverse and talented team of people, who are dedicated to solving complex problems and making a huge impact.
Where You Fit
We are searching for a highly motivated Insurance Collector to collect and administer all phases of claim denial management reporting to the Manager, Revenue Cycle Management, Commercial Insurance at the Diagnostics Division. The ideal candidate is someone who has knowledge of medical and payer terminology, is detail-oriented, and is excited about being a part of a fast-paced and rapidly growing company shaping the category of AI-powered pathology.
Hourly Rate: $15.00 - $22.00 depending on experience and education.
What You’ll Do
- Inquire with insurance carriers regarding claim status for outstanding AR
- Review and appropriately work claim denials from insurance carriers
- Submit and follow up on insurance claim appeals
- Interact with patients via telephone about their billing statements and claims processing inquiries
- Document patient accounts efficiently and appropriately to demonstrate actions taken on account
- Accept patient credit card payment payments over the telephone and provide approval code and/or receipt to patient as requested
- Initiate measures that result in account resolution
- Handle in a professional and confidential manner all correspondence, documentation, and files and file accordingly
- Answer incoming email inquiries within 2 business days
- Establish payment arrangements with patients if requested by patient
- Process bankruptcy paperwork
- Verify and resolve death certificate notifications
- Process all returned mail and update patient addresses in a timely manner
- Update patient accounts based on verified information from the patient into the billing software
- Perform other duties as requested by the supervisor or manager as deemed appropriate
What You Bring
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1+ year(s) of collections experience preferred. We have a great training program!
- Relevant medical billing knowledge is valued but not required
- Working knowledge of billing and reimbursement procedures is valued but not required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Must have positive internal customer service attitude and be a team player
We Want To Hear From You
At PathAI, we are looking for individuals who are team players, are willing to do the work no matter how big or small it may be, and who are passionate about everything they do. If this sounds like you, even if you may not match the job description to a tee, we encourage you to apply. You could be exactly what we're looking for.