Who We Are
PathAI is on a mission to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. We are transforming traditional pathology methods into powerful, new technologies. These innovations in pathology can help accelerate drug development, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly. At PathAI, you'll work with a diverse and talented team of people, who are dedicated to solving complex problems and making a huge impact.
Where You Fit
We're looking for a Scanning Lab Technician to join our team and help support the execution of PathAI’s business, sponsored research and academic partnerships, including strategic projects, external collaborations and internal initiatives. The Scanning Lab Technician will perform digital imaging on multiple state-of-the-art digital slide scanners and be responsible for preparing and scanning glass sides in the digitization workflow.
What You’ll Do
- Retrieve slides from archives and prepare them for scanning.
- Setup and scan glass slides on multiple digital slide scanners like the Leica Aperio AT2, Leica GT450, Ventana DP200, Philips UFS, and others.
- QC scanned images for image quality and archive/ship scanned slides.
- Calibrate, clean and maintain all scanners.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of all scanning projects and generate reports for all stakeholders.
- Execute day-to-day operations of the digital pathology lab, including inventory of supplies.
- Work within regulations/guidelines from CLIA/CAP and GCP/GCLP to support clinical trials.
- Uphold rigorous lab standards, ensuring that all processes adhere to PathAI standard operating procedures.
What You Bring
- One year of experience with either digital slide scanning or in a histology laboratory preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to interact with people at all levels.
- Strong multitasking and time management skills, with ability to organize and prioritize scanning projects from multiple stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space.
- Familiarity with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and clinical trial sample handling/chain of custody is preferred
We Want To Hear From You
At PathAI, we are looking for individuals who are team players, are willing to do the work no matter how big or small it may be, and who are passionate about everything they do. If this sounds like you, even if you may not match the job description to a tee, we encourage you to apply. You could be exactly what we're looking for.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
Something looks off?