Biopharma Histology Lab Team Lead
Who We Are
PathAI is on a mission to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. We are transforming traditional pathology methods into powerful, new technologies. These innovations in pathology can help accelerate drug development, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly. At PathAI, you'll work with a diverse and talented team of people, who are dedicated to solving complex problems and making a huge impact. You will participate in clinical trials of novel drugs designed to improve the quality of life for people suffering with various diseases.
Where You Fit
We are searching for a highly motivated Histotechnician to perform routine and special functions involved in all phases of processing tissue specimens received in the Histology Laboratory at the Biopharma Division. The ideal candidate is someone who has training in histologic techniques and is excited about being a part of a fast-paced and rapidly growing company shaping the category of AI-powered pathology.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee daily technical operations of the Biopharma histology laboratory
- Assist with preparing schedules for personnel in the respective laboratory and ensuring adequate coverage
- Organize and oversee training of the histology team
- Trouble-shoot systems to resolve situational workflow and turnaround time challenges
- Responsible for developing and/ or processing biological samples as part of new method development.
- Involved in the validation of new methods, method development, troubleshooting of assays and development of SOPs and other laboratory documentation; and contributes to and review SOPs for lab equipment and histology-related protocols
- Maintains quality assurance and quality control records for the laboratory
- Work within regulations/guidelines from CLIA/CAP and GCP/GCLP to support clinical trials
- Ensures the laboratory is prepared for inspections, including CAP, CLIA, individual states and GCP/GCLP audits.
- Perform regular maintenance, calibration, and cleaning of histopathology equipment
- Responsible for evaluating data quality and flagging any data deviation.
- Oversees and coordinates the inventory supply for the laboratory assuring that the laboratory has appropriate supplies for daily functioning.
What You Bring
- A Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry or Laboratory Science from an accredited institution or relevant work experience in these fields required
- 5-10 years of experience and training in histologic techniques preferred
- 5 years of laboratory supervisory experience
- Experience with lab quality systems (GCP/GCLP, CAP/CLIA, ISO 15189) and best practices for clinical trial labs preferred
- Histotechnician certification, HT(ASCP), preferred or willing to obtain
- Solid technical skills and a working knowledge of laboratory organizational and operational procedures
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills necessary for department specific analytical, technical, and multi-tasking skills
- Self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Must have positive internal customer service attitude and be a team player
We Want To Hear From You
At PathAI, we are looking for individuals who are team players, are willing to do the work no matter how big or small it may be, and who are passionate about everything they do. If this sounds like you, even if you may not match the job description to a tee, we encourage you to apply. You could be exactly what we're looking for.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
Something looks off?