Director, Revenue Cycle
Who We Are
PathAI is on a mission to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. We are transforming traditional pathology methods into powerful, new technologies. These innovations in pathology can help accelerate drug development, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly. At PathAI, you'll work with a diverse and talented team of people, who are dedicated to solving complex problems and making a huge impact.
Where You Fit
We are searching for a Director of Revenue Cycle Support reporting to the VP, Revenue Cycle. This position will be responsible for the Support organization of Revenue Cycle including Patient Support, Client Support, Training & Process Improvement, and Business Analytics and accountable for division performance, achievement of service goals and for aligning service objectives with the business strategy of PathAI Diagnostics. This position will work closely with the VP, Revenue cycle to increase collections from patient responsibility AR by building out a full service patient support call center and self-pay collections team. The ideal candidate is someone who is a strategic thinker, with leadership, diagnostic, client and patient support experience. This candidate has strong collaboration skills, can connect the dots between business needs and technology solutions, and is passionate about process optimization and new technologies. We are searching for someone ready to apply their skill set in a fast-paced and growing company and excited to shape the new category of AI-powered pathology.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for building and leading a team of approximately 20-40 individuals who will deliver a high level of service to patient support including the patient call center, self-pay collections, and financial assistance in an in-person, hybrid, or virtual work environment; improving upon existing processes to gain workflow and technology efficiencies
- Responsible for leading a team to deliver a high level of service to client support, including client invoicing and billing, issue resolution and relationship management in an in-person, hybrid, or virtual work environment; improving upon existing processes to gain workflow and technology efficiencies
- Responsible for supporting training and processing improvement initiatives led by Associate Director / Sr. Manager over Training & Process Improvement
- Responsible for developing and supporting business analytics initiatives as needed by revenue cycle leadership
- Work with revenue cycle leadership to engage and select vendor partnerships for select outsourcing projects related to client and patient support or training and process improvement
- Responsible for managing vendor relationships including service level agreements for productivity and quality as well as invoice review and management
- Develop and maintain a quality and performance program for Revenue Cycle Support
- Continuous development and support of the Revenue Cycle Support management team
- Collaborate with lab operations, the commercial team, and information technology in continuous process improvement initiatives resulting in successful patient and client relationships
- Responsible for working with revenue cycle leadership to establish departmental and individual key performance indicators (KPIs) for Revenue Cycle Support
- Responsible for working with revenue cycle leadership to develop the annual operating budget for Revenue Cycle Support and manage to the budget participating in monthly budget variance meetings
- Must be familiar with and abide by the Corporate Compliance Program and all Corporate policies, including the Privacy and Security policies
- Support PathAI Diagnostics’ mission, vision, goals and management decisions.
- Perform other duties as requested by revenue cycle and PathAI leadership
What You Bring
- 7-10+ years of revenue cycle experience, specifically in leading teams in the traditional healthcare or laboratory industry setting where service skills are required with at least 5 years in a call center setting
- Experience developing and leading a team specializing in self-pay collections preferred
- Experience developing and leading a team specializing in patient financial assistance preferred
- Experience setting strategic plans, process improvement and change management
- Experience launching new technologies or innovations in revenue cycle client support and patient support
- Experience with the Telcor revenue cycle management platform preferred
- Experience with Five9 call center technology preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Computer proficiency, strong typing and data entry skills, demonstrated attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn and use laboratory management systems.
- Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data.
- Knowledge of correct medical billing procedures and methodology is preferred
- Notable interpersonal skills with a passion and enthusiasm for providing unparalleled service to patients and clients (both internal and external)
- Self-motivated, and able to thrive in a results-driven environment
We Want To Hear From You
At PathAI, we are looking for individuals who are team players, are willing to do the work no matter how big or small it may be, and who are passionate about everything they do. If this sounds like you, even if you may not match the job description to a tee, we encourage you to apply. You could be exactly what we're looking for.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
Something looks off?