Billing Manager, Revenue Cycle
Who We Are
PathAI is on a mission to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. We are transforming traditional pathology methods into powerful, new technologies. These innovations in pathology can help accelerate drug development, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly. At PathAI, you'll work with a diverse and talented team of people, who are dedicated to solving complex problems and making a huge impact.
Where You Fit
We are searching for a highly motivated Manager to oversee the insurance verification, billing, and data entry teams. This role will report to the RCM Director or RCM VP at the Diagnostics Division. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, organized, a team player and is excited about being a part of a fast-paced and rapidly growing company shaping the category of AI-powered pathology.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain and supervise the insurance verification, billing, and data entry teams
- Assist employees in resolving complex billing issues, discrepancies in billing and /or coding information
- Supervise, train, and evaluate employee performance, including productivity and quality while recognizing and solving employee related problems and concerns.
- Maintain employee timecards and leave (PTO & sick time) records; collaborating with other department managers to ensure proper daily staffing for the billing teams.
- Work with other departments in the organization to effectively and incrementally improve the claim preparation and submission process resulting in successful reimbursement
- Create efficiencies and streamline billing department processes as appropriate for new technology, clients, prefixes, divisions, payers, etc.
- Track and report on departmental key indicators/measures as determined by revenue cycle leadership
- Research and document payor policies as they relate to the department and assist in developing procedures accordingly
- Attend job related conference calls, meetings, and conferences
- Must be familiar with and abide by the Corporate Compliance Program and all Corporate policies, including the Privacy and Security policies
- Support PathAI Diagnostics’ mission, vision, goals and management decisions.
- Perform other duties as requested by the RCM leadership, as deemed appropriate
What You Bring
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3+ year(s) of billing/data entry experience required
- 1+ year(s) of experience in a leadership role required
- Expert knowledge of insurance plan requirements for commercial and government payers preferred
- CPT and ICD-10 coding knowledge is required; certification preferred
- Working knowledge of billing and reimbursement procedures is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Must have a positive internal customer service attitude and be a team player
We Want To Hear From You
At PathAI, we are looking for individuals who are team players, are willing to do the work no matter how big or small it may be, and who are passionate about everything they do. If this sounds like you, even if you may not match the job description to a tee, we encourage you to apply. You could be exactly what we're looking for.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
Something looks off?