Nosis Bio - Data Scientist
Nosis Bio is developing a breakthrough solution to one of the biggest challenges facing pharmaceutical and biotech companies today - drug delivery. Today, most drugs either become distributed across many different undesired locations in the body leading to negative side effects (such as chemotherapies), or get stuck in the liver and never make it to the right tissue (such as cutting edge genetic medicines like CRISPR or RNAi). Nosis Bio is using deep learning and novel, highly multiplexed biochemistry assays to design new molecules that turn therapies into highly targeted treatments. By solving the delivery problem, we are on a mission to create truly programmable therapeutics that will lead to many new treatments across a number of different diseases.
About the role
Nosis Bio’s deep learning platform is critical to the success in solving drug delivery. We are looking for a mission-driven data scientist who wants to use their skills and knowledge to build technology that will lead to better treatments for patients. You will be working on many challenging and interesting problems, building novel deep learning algorithms, and working closely with our molecular biology team. If you have a proven track record of solving challenging problems through first principles thinking and want to join a collaborative and mission-driven team, then we want to talk to you!
What you will be doing
- Expanding and improving our geometric deep learning algorithms
- Developing new generative algorithms for designing molecules
- Enhancing the capabilities of our platform, such as adding the ability to predict anddesign molecules with new chemical and biological properties
- Finding and curating new datasets to train our algorithms
- Working with some of the best molecular biologists in the world as they test and iterateon the molecules designed by the platform, as well as generate new data to improve our algorithms
What we are looking for
- Masters or PhD in a quantitative field (computer science, math, physics, statistics, etc)
- 2+ years experience as a data scientist in industry or equivalent course work
- Proven track record of solving tough real-world problems using deep learning.
- Working knowledge of deep learning architectures, including transformers, ConvNets,and graph neural nets.
- Strong fluency with python.
- Experience with various machine learning tools such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, pandas, etc.
- Ability to write coherent, high performance code.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working in highly collaborative environments.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Interest and willingness to learn complex molecular biology concepts quickly
- No experience in the life sciences is required.
A plus, but not required
- Hands-on experience building graph neural nets or other geometric deep learning systems.
- Experience with generative algorithms, such as GANs or language models.
- Experience working with GPUs/TPUs.
Our benefits include excellent medical and dental coverage, a generous compensation package, unlimited vacation policy, and the option to work remotely.
About Nosis Bio
Nosis was founded by a team of Stanford-trained data scientists as well as molecular biologists from the Institute for Protein Design at the University of Washington, all devoted to building a mission-driven company focused on creating better outcomes for patients. We are a well funded, venture-backed startup.