Nosis Bio - Senior Software Engineer (Backend/Machine Learning)
Nosis Bio is developing a breakthrough solution to one of the biggest challenges facing pharmaceutical and biotech companies today - drug delivery. Today, most drugs either become distributed across many different undesired locations in the body leading to negative side effects (such as chemotherapies), or get stuck in the liver and never make it to the right tissue (such as cutting edge genetic medicines like CRISPR or RNAi). Nosis Bio is using deep learning and novel, highly multiplexed biochemistry assays to design new molecules that turn therapies into highly targeted treatments. By solving the delivery problem, we are on a mission to create truly programmable therapeutics that will lead to many new treatments across a number of different diseases.
About the role
Nosis Bio’s deep learning platform is critical to the success of its mission to solve drug delivery. We are looking for a top notch software engineer to play an instrumental role in enhancing and scaling the platform. In this role, you will work on a variety of impactful yet interesting projects, including finding and transforming new datasets, enhancing the efficiency of neural nets on GPUs, and productionalizing deep learning workflows. If you have a proven track record of solving challenging problems through first principles thinking and want to join a collaborative and mission-driven team, then we want to talk to you!
What we are looking for
- Four-year degree in a quantitative field (computer science, math, physics, statistics, etc) OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience as a software engineer in industry.
- Some experience at a high-growth startup is ideal.
- Strong proficiency with python.
- Strong SDLC principles (Unit Testing, git, Jira, etc).
- Able to write complex database queries in SQL.
- Experience with Postgres and other relational databases.
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms and some of their services (AWS EC2, S3,Athena, Kinesis, Lambda, Kafka and/or Google Cloud Compute Engine, Cloud Storage,BigQuery, BigTable, etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working in highly collaborative environments.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Interest and willingness to learn complex machine learning and molecular biology concepts quickly.
- No experience in the life sciences is required.
A plus, but not required
- Experience with various machine learning tools such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, pandas, etc.
- Experience working with GPUs/TPUs
- Experience with big data tools such as Spark
Our benefits include excellent medical and dental coverage, a generous compensation package, unlimited vacation policy, and the option to work remotely.
About Nosis Bio
Nosis was founded by a team of Stanford-trained data scientists as well as molecular biologists from the Institute for Protein Design at the University of Washington, all devoted to building a mission-driven company focused on creating better outcomes for patients. We are a well funded, venture-backed startup.