Senior Talent Acquisition Partner
Elegen is blazing a path towards a biology-based economy. Through unique insight and innovation Elegen can produce DNA in ≤1 week that is 10x longer and 20x more accurate than any available methods, letting scientists everywhere streamline and accelerate their work.
We are seeking an experienced talent acquisition professional to manage the full lifecycle of our recruiting process, while also helping to design, implement and scale our talent strategy as the company matures.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced player-coach looking to take their skills to the next level at a fast moving, very high impact start-up. In addition to helping to build the Elegen team, you will partner with Elegen’s Head of People to create a HR function that nurtures a strong culture of mutual respect, integrity, and collaboration while working alongside some of Silicon Valley’s best scientists and engineers.
- Collaborate with managers to define position requirements, develop job descriptions.
- Define and execute a sourcing strategy for each position (database searches, advertising, social media, targeted events).
- Design and manage the overall candidate experience: Engagement of both active and passive candidates Candidate screening Facilitation of interview, selection and offer process Reference checks Onboarding coordination
- Track and analyze key recruiting metrics.
- Ensure compliance with relevant employment laws and regulations.
- Stay abreast of recruiting trends and best practices.
- Define and execute a strategy for scaling Talent Acquisition at Elegen.
- Manage relationships with external recruiters, search firms and vendors.
- Collaborate with the Head of People to develop and scale other areas of HR at Elegen.
Essential Candidate Profile :
- 6+ years of work experience as a Recruiter in the Life Sciences or related field
- Familiarity with HR databases, applicant tracking systems and candidate management systems
- Confident in various forms of active outreach and networking (email, warm calls, messaging campaigns, academic/career development centers)
- Direct experience with various selection processes (video interviewing, phone interviewing, etc.)
- Ability to understand, communicate and adapt key messages about the company’s mission and vision according to the interests of potential candidates.
- Demonstrated communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Comfortable making decisions independently
Preferred Candidate Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- Previous startup experience.
- Self-starter with ability to resolve ambiguity to achieve good outcomes
- Leadership / management experience
- Experience in other areas of HR and/or talent management