Director/Sr. Director - Head of Facility Operations
Dyno Therapeutics is reshaping the gene therapy landscape through AI-powered vectors. Through the application of our transformative technologies, strategic partnerships with leaders in gene therapy, and our 2021 $100 million Series A financing led by Andreessen Horowitz, we believe a future with life changing gene therapies for millions of people is within reach.
Our team includes world-class molecular and synthetic biologists, protein engineers and gene therapy scientists working alongside software engineers, data scientists, and machine learning experts to transform the landscape of available gene therapy capsids. Dyno was named Startup of the Year in 2020 by Xconomy, Endpoints 11 in 2021, and named one of America’s Best Startups in 2022 & 2023 by Forbes!
Director/Sr. Director - Head of Facility Operations. As leader of this team you will ensure delivery of a work environment which is effective, efficient, safe, and joyful, where employees can thrive while achieving Dyno’s goals. Your team’s responsibility is management of everything in the “physical” domain: safety, lab and office spaces, events, security, and procurement. Facility Operations is part of Stewardship at Dyno and we’re looking for a leader who can adapt their thinking to nurture Dyno as a living system, and who has a passion for solving problems through principled decision making rather than relying on inflexible rules.
How You Will Contribute
As the Head of Facility Operations, you will play a pivotal role in contributing to the success of our mission by overseeing all aspects of operating our facility and satellite workplaces. Your leadership will be crucial in creating and prioritizing opportunities for the team to build and optimize services meant to create our ideal work environment. Through team leadership, collaboration with R&D, strategic space planning, and an ever present commitment to safety, security, and sustainability, you will contribute to the overall success of Dyno's research and development activities.
- Recruit, train, and develop a high-performing facility operations team, fostering a culture of collaboration and accountability, while leading efforts to optimize an effective facility and support critical research and development activities for Dyno's mission.
- Cultivate strong integration and collaboration with research and development teams to align facility operations with evolving research workflows.
- Responsible for strategic facility management, including maintenance, repairs, and space allocation, to create an optimal work environment in alignment with employee needs and company goals.
- Learn from and improve how we use space, in our HQ and in remote hubs; plan for both now and plan for contingencies later so our physical space is always fit for needed purposes.
- Ensure a safe and compliant facility through safety protocols, monitoring regulations, and implemented emergency response plans to safeguard the well-being of employees and Dyno.
Who you are
- Trusted partner
- Team oriented
- Always prepared
- Thoughtful & detail oriented
- Work with a sense of urgency
- Appreciate the opportunities at the intersections of data science and biology
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience
- Strong leadership skills demonstrated by successful experience in building and leading high-performing teams
- Proficiency in collaborating with cross-functional teams, particularly R&D teams, to align facility operations with research needs and promote effective space utilization
- Knowledge of space planning principles and experience in conducting assessments, optimizing space utilization, and planning for future needs
- Understanding of safety, environmental, and sustainability standards, with the ability to implement practices that ensure a safe and sustainable workspace
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make informed decisions to address facility-related challenges and optimize operations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with diverse teams and stakeholders
- Experience designing and building lab facilities, as well as executing company moves
- Advanced degree related to facilities management, business administration, or project management
- Experience with implementing innovative and sustainable practices
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time