Manager/Sr. Manager - AAV Manufacturing
Dyno Therapeutics is reshaping the gene therapy landscape through AI-powered vectors. Through the application of our transformative technologies and strategic partnerships with leaders in gene therapy, we believe a future with life changing gene therapies for millions of people is within reach.
Our team includes world-class molecular and synthetic biologists, protein engineers and gene therapy scientists working alongside software engineers, data scientists, and machine learning experts to transform the landscape of available gene therapy capsids. Dyno was named Startup of the Year in 2020 by Xconomy, Endpoints 11 in 2021, and one of America’s Best Startups in 2022 & 2023 by Forbes!
Manager/Sr. Manager - Medium Throughput AAV Manufacturing. Dedicated scientist and people manager with a strong background in vector production and molecular biology. At Dyno, we discover novel AAV capsids with the potential to improve gene therapies. An essential component of the discovery process is capsid validation, wherein AAV capsids identified in high-throughput screening workflows are further characterized using targeted lower throughput multiplexed assays.
How You Will Contribute
As Manager/Sr. Manager Medium Throughput Manufacturing you will be responsible for leading the manufacturing effort for Dyno’s early capsid validations. You will manage individuals driving the cloning, vector production, and computational analyses for our medium throughput efforts (screening 10-100 capsids per round). You will also play a key part in standardizing the medium throughput workflow and driving new capabilities in our early validation effort. Medium Throughput Manufacturing represents the first time Dyno produces our novel capsids individually and represents a key opportunity to characterize capsids at the forefront of Gene Therapy.
- Lead and manage team of 6 direct reports that drives the cloning, vector production, and computational analyses of Dyno’s medium throughput efforts.
- Standardize the medium throughput workflow and drive the development of new capabilities in early capsid validation efforts.
- Collaborate closely with other Manufacturing Leads, R&D Leadership and Computational Biology to define a clear vision of an early capsid validation strategy that achieves Dyno’s business goals.
- Share deep scientific expertise in viral vector manufacturing with interfacing R&D teams to accelerate Dyno’s manufacturing capabilities.
Who you are
- Trusted partner
- Empathetic and team-oriented
- Thoughtful & detail-oriented
- Strong communicator with ability collaborate with many different stakeholders
- Solutions oriented and passionate about problem solving and efficiency
- Willing and able to “roll up sleeves” and function in a fast paced and evolving environment
- Work with a sense of urgency
- Appreciation for opportunities at the intersections of data science and biology
- BS or MS degree in engineering or the biological sciences
- 4+ years of experience in biologics manufacturing at scale
- 2+ years experience working in an industry setting
- 2+ years of people management experience managing upwards of 3 direct reports
- PhD in engineering or biological sciences
- 3+ years experience in AAV or viral vector manufacturing
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time