Software Engineer II/Sr. Software Engineer
Dyno Therapeutics is reshaping the gene therapy landscape through AI-powered vectors. Through the application of our transformative technologies and strategic partnerships with leaders in gene therapy, we believe a future with life changing gene therapies for millions of people is within reach.
Our team includes world-class molecular and synthetic biologists, protein engineers and gene therapy scientists working alongside software engineers, data scientists, and machine learning experts to transform the landscape of available gene therapy capsids. Dyno was named Startup of the Year in 2020 by Xconomy, Endpoints 11 in 2021, and one of America’s Best Startups in 2022 & 2023 by Forbes!
Software Engineer II/Senior Software Engineer. Software is at the heart of Dyno’s platform, and the Machine-Guided Design team acts as the control center for Dyno’s ML-guided protein design platform. Our team’s mission is to accelerate Dyno’s optimization of AAV capsids through designing sequence libraries for different objectives and throughputs. If we succeed, our designs will produce capsids that eventually become part of potentially life-saving therapies.
Succeeding at our goal requires flexible, reliable data and workflow infrastructure, best-in-class ML methods, careful analysis to identify opportunities for improvement, and frequent collaboration with other computational and wet lab teams. Examples of what this looks like include building a service to track trained models and metadata, defining ML design algorithms and running them as cloud workflows, and occasionally developing a new dashboard or internal UI. Our team is looking for candidates with a diverse set of skills and experience, a passion for working autonomously and learning things on the fly, especially in the realms of ML and biology.
How You Will Contribute
As a Software Engineer II/Senior Software Engineer within the Machine Guided Design team, you will take a leading role in conceiving of, designing, and developing the core software services and infrastructure that allow Dyno to reshape the gene therapy landscape. You will collaborate closely with other engineers, ML scientists, computational biologists, and stakeholders to improve data accessibility and tooling, optimize and scale workflows, identify novel software and cloud engineering solutions, and work to align on organizational software strategy. As part of the team, in addition to direct technical contributions, you will provide an engineer’s mindset for solving the problems we face in building the world’s best capsid engineering platform.
- Improve scalability and reliability of capsid design software infrastructure and expand it to enable new types of designs.
- Build data tools that accelerate scientists’ work, showcase the value of our capsids to customers, and improve data accessibility across the company.
- Automate ML experts’ and data scientists’ workflows and collaborate with them to explore scientific questions.
- Influence and improve guidelines for system design and development best practices within the team.
- Maintain and improve existing ML and data tools.
- Teach and mentor colleagues about coding best practices and engineering mindset.
- Conceive of, plan, and lead projects end-to-end.
Who you are
- Trusted partner
- Team and customer oriented
- Thoughtful & detail oriented
- Work with a sense of urgency
- Appreciate the opportunities at the intersections of data science and biology
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience in industry.
- Experience developing and maintaining data processing pipelines.
- Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining complex software platforms in the cloud.
- Expertise in Python and SQL.
- Work experience at a leading software company or early responsibility in software-driven startups.
- Fluency with software life-cycle best practices and devops.
- Experience working with or adjacent to ML systems.
- Experience with one or both of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Some, even limited, frontend development experience.
- Experience with NGS data and/or background in molecular biology (experience optional, excitement required!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Dyno Tx and other biotech companies have recently been made aware of a growing number of email scams targeting job candidates in our industry. Our recruiters at Dyno use @dynotx.com email addresses exclusively. We do not ask candidates to purchase anything through us or to provide sensitive identifiable information via email (outside of a resume). If a person claiming to be a Dyno Tx recruiter with an alternative domain reaches out to you regarding a job posting, please report it to our team by emailing email@example.com with details.
Job Type: Full-time