Fulfillment and Customer Service Specialist
Title: Fulfillment and Customer Service Specialist
Type: Full time
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Reports to: Manager, Customer Service
Checkerspot is a biotechnology company that designs high performance ingredients and materials for a better planet. Our WING® Platform enables our biology and design labs to develop, test, and commercialize award- winning products that aim to reduce global dependence on fossil fuels and other unsustainable sources of oil.
We seek to accelerate the adoption of renewable, biobased products that engage directly with consumers to show and prove what is possible in industrial materials, outdoor recreation, personal care, and food and nutrition. Checkerspot is a Delaware public benefit corporation and Certified B CorporationTM. Our team is committed to high standards of purpose, accountability, and transparency.
Our company culture can best be understood through experience. Come get to know us! We’d like to be known more by what we do than what we say.
We seek an ambitious, mission driven, creative problem solver to oversee inventory management, order fulfillment, and customer service responsibilities for our new personal care consumer brand. As part of the overall fulfillment team, this role is responsible for receiving and shipping customer orders, managing inventory, engaging with consumer inquiries, and collecting product and consumer data. Essential to be a team player and have a “can do” attitude. A passion for the outdoors and our environment is also a big plus. In addition, this role will need to be flexible and support the WNDR Alpine sales, service & fulfillment team during peak periods.
Receiving & Inventory Management
• Support the receiving, tracking, and storing of incoming deliveries of shipping materials and finished goods
• Maintain accurate and up to date inventory reports for finished product and shipping materials
• Anticipate shipping materials needs and manage advanced purchasing accordingly
• Conduct cycle counts, and assist with corporate inventory counts
• Report any inventory discrepancies to service manager
• Maintain an organized, clean, and safe working environment
• Assist WNDR Alpine with receiving and inventory support as needed
• Fulfill both DTC and B2B orders in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner
• Fulfill internal orders for marketing events and activations
• Receive and process consumer and customer returns
• Quickly resolve any shipping issues and communicate same to customers and internal departments
• Assist customers with questions regarding their orders, including resolving customer complaints regarding returns/order errors/shipping delays
• Provide accounting department any necessary paperwork and information for timely payment
• Support order fulfillment for WNDR Alpine as needed
• Maintain high level of customer service and professionalism at all times
• Collaborate with sales teams to ensure excellent customer communication around shipping and receiving dates, and any required paperwork
• Interact with consumers via phone, email, and live chat providing product information and recommendations
• Be able to receive complaints about product and service in a constructive and non-confrontational manner, always striving for a positive resolution for the consumer
• Log customer inquiry and complaint information into data base for future consumer follow up and as inputs into Product Quality Tracking system
• Provide monthly data reporting on consumer inquiries and complaints
• Willingness to work outside normal office hours for both local & remote consumer-facing events as needed
• Have an overarching level of knowledge for WNDR Alpine and provide support to sales and service as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
• Ability to keep clear and accurate records
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with customers, consumers, and team members
• Customer-centric approach with proven experience with order fulfillment and customer service
• Self-starter who thrives and can multitask in fast-paced and often ambiguous environments
• A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong judgment and work ethic
• Shopify experience preferred
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Forklift experience preferred
• Support Checkerspot’s stated Public Benefits to promote the advancement of environmental stewardship, including by developing more sustainable higher performance materials, and by democratizing materials and tools for innovative product development for the betterment of local communities.
At Checkerspot, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay for this role is $25.00 and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Checkerspot offers its employees competitive benefits and a compensation package.
Checkerspot is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Please apply on Indeed here.