Customer Experience Specialist
Title: WNDR Alpine Customer Experience & Sales Specialist
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Supervisor: Manager, Service & Sales
Dotted Line: Sales & Marketing
Checkerspot is a biotechnology company that designs high performance ingredients and materials for a better planet. Our Wing™ platform enables our biology and design labs to develop, test, and commercialize new, award-winning products that reduce global dependence on unsustainable sources of oil and other fossil fuels. We build brands that engage directly with consumers and show what is possible with biobased products in food, nutrition, personal care, and outdoor recreation.
Our company culture can best be understood through experience. We’d like to be known more by what we do than what we say.
We seek a dedicated outdoors person who exudes passion and charisma to join our Salt Lake City team. This role will be primarily consumer facing and on the front lines of the brand, both physically and virtually. This person will serve as the skier/boarder sales & service lead in our new WNDR Alpine innovation showroom, known as the Nest, to greet guests with a welcoming and inviting approach.
- Greet walk in consumers in need of sales and/or service support
- Ensure all customers are provided insights to our biotechnology and guidance towards the products and materials we make in a kind and professional manner
- Manage customer service emails, phone lines, voicemails & live chat
- Take orders and receive payment via POS system
- Manage cash drawer
- Maintain an organized and clean work space and showroom
- Implement routines and systems to support an efficient, properly stocked and well managed
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members as needed
- Support planning and implementation of D2C & B2B sales initiatives
- Support picking, packing & shipping orders, including, but not limited to, WNDR, B2B materials,
Appleseed, and Personal Care, as needed
- Help with physical inventory counts as needed
- Willingness to work outside normal office hours for both local & remote consumer-facing
events as needed
- Additional duties, as assigned
- 3-5 years of relevant retail sales experience
- In depth knowledge of active/winter sports trends & products a must
- Prior experience in commercial and manufacturing organizations
- Exceptional customer services skills, innovative with a strong sense of initiative
- Experience with and knowledge of sales engagement, retention and strategy
- Exhibits a high degree of attention to detail with proven ability to proactively assess and improve
- Values and establishes effective interpersonal relationships across the company
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with ability to multitask and
prioritize job duties in an organized and efficient manne
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
At Checkerspot, base pay is one part of our total compensation package. This provides opportunity as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay for this role starts at $22.50 per hour and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Checkerspot offers its employees a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Checkerspot is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Please send cover letter and resume to the link below: