Director, F, P, & A
- No Comments
Title: Director, F, P, & A
Location: Alameda, CA or Salt Lake City, UT
Reports to: Head of Finance & Operations
Dotted Line: Internal Business Partners
Checkerspot designs performance materials at a molecular level with technology at the nexus of biology and chemistry. By engaging directly with product users and partnering with socially responsible corporations, we design and bring to market superior products with better materials to meet real needs.
Our first materials are next-gen polyurethanes and textile coatings/finishes that make consumer products perform at levels never before possible. We launched WNDR Alpine, an outdoor recreation brand whose first product is a high-performance ski, the Intention 110. We are readying the release of several other outdoor recreation products in the market to validate our approach and to kickstart a sequence of iterative projects based on our technology. Through large scale microbial fermentation, we can deliver unique oils discovered in nature, but not previously accessible commercially. Our initial focus is on triglycerides that can impart high value physical properties for materials by leveraging unique molecular scaffolds. Our approach is also more sustainable than relying on petrochemical inputs.
Our company culture can best be understood through experience. We’d like to be known more by what we do than what we say.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, team-oriented, problem solver to join our Finance team. As a senior member finance organization, the Director of Finance will support and collaborate with the Commercial and Technology teams to design and facilitate financial planning & analysis systems that allow Company to strategically manage its business and financial metrics. This position will create, build, and maintain a financial database, creating workflows and systems to provide insights, analyses, reporting and analytics to the management team to support strategic decision making. The Director of Finance will also lead the organization to identify and implement a financial planning and forecasting system as well as other enterprise resource planning systems. This will require candidate to be highly collaborative with business unit partners, and functional teams to understand business requirements and strategies, operational and financial processes to lead cross-functional teams to design and implement cost-effective enterprise systems.
● Collaborate with business partners to solve start-up and scalability issues
● Partner with internal stakeholders/business leaders to create, build out, analyze, and communicate KPIs to provide visibility to operational and financial performance as well as progress to Company’s key strategic directives
● Develop, implement, and run Checkerspot’s financial models, modeling database, annual budgeting, and quarterly financial planning to track and insure the ownership and accountability of business partners
● Lead the design and implementation of enterprise-wide financial planning system
● Collaborate with internal business partners to provide ad-hoc financial and business decision support on revenue, cost of sales, 3rd party production costs, marketing, advertising, and strategic initiatives
● Implement routines, systems, and reporting processes to manage forecasts to assist business partners to maximize revenue and identify opportunities for cost effective spend
● Work across product teams to build and maintain product and material cost models to provide operational transparency by tracking and reconciling between actual and forecast/budget costs
● Collaborate closely with Corporate Controller to support monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close, as well as annual audits, as required
● Collaborate with external Investment advisors and Corporate Controller on cash and investment planning activities
● And other duties as assigned
● Bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) in Accounting & Finance or an equivalent combination of education and experience
● 5+ years of related work experience in FP&A, data analytics, or similar field
● Prior experience in commercial and manufacturing organizations
● Demonstrated experience customizing financial databases and reporting systems, usually acquired through related work experience
● Strong user of Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables power user, Lookup Functions, Arrays, Data
● Public Company and NetSuite experience a plus
● Strong business partnering skills, experience of working with remote team
● Deep understanding of business processes; experienced with business and ERP systems
● Analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills required to identify and resolve issues
● Excellent written and oral communication skills, innovative with a strong sense of initiative
● Technical, data oriented, with a high degree of attention to detail with proven ability to proactively assess and improve current processes
● Ability to work in cross-functional teams; values and establishes effective interpersonal relationships across the Company
● Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with ability to multitask and prioritize job duties in an organized and efficient manner
● Committed to the highest standards for protecting confidentiality, data accuracy and integrity, consistency, and security
At Checkerspot, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay for this role is between $130,000 and $180,000 and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Checkerspot offers its employees competitive benefits and a compensation package. Checkerspot is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Please apply on Indeed Here.