Senior Software Engineer (Fullstack)
Health care is all about conversations, with over 2B spoken conversations each year between patients and their care teams in just the United States. However, people forget up to 80% of those conversations, leading to worse patient outcomes. And doctors are burning out writing notes in their EMRs instead of focusing on their patients. That’s where Abridge comes in — our audio-based standalone and integrated solutions record and summarize medical conversations, anywhere care happens.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the team building our telehealth solution and other web+API components. You’ll play a key role in our technology decisions and implementation, and as part of our team you’ll see firsthand the impact that we’re making on healthcare.
- Help us scale up our business by designing, building, and supporting easy-to-use web applications and APIs
- Make and implement technology decisions that support business needs without compromising security, privacy, or quality
- Enhance existing systems with new functionality, increased performance, and improved stability
- Build deep user empathy and maintain a user-centric mindset
- Share your ideas, knowledge and experience during design discussions, code reviews, retrospectives, and other collaborative forums
- Communicate regularly and effectively with team members and other colleagues
- Have several years’ experience building, shipping, and operating web applications and APIs at scale. You’ve seen what works, and probably a few things that didn’t work.
- Have been the lead engineer on a major component or subsystem of a software platform, or have been the lead for the platform itself
- Are excited about working in our tech stack, which is primarily NodeJS, Firebase, and React running on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Are independent and self-directed, and work well in a team
- Are willing to pitch in wherever needed - as a fast-moving startup we need to do good work, quickly
We value people who want to learn new things, and we know that great team members might not perfectly match a job description. If you’re interested in the role but aren’t sure whether or not you’re a good fit, we’d still like to hear from you.
Location: Pittsburgh or Boston strongly preferred. Post-pandemic, remote team members may be asked to travel for team events a few times each year.
Life at Abridge
At Abridge, we’re driven by our mission to bring understanding and follow-through to every medical conversation. Our culture is founded on doing things the “inverse” way in a legacy system—focusing on patients, instead of the system; focusing on outcomes, instead of billing; and focusing on the end-user experience, instead of a hospital administrator's mandate.
Abridgers are engineers, scientists, designers, and health policy experts from a diverse set of backgrounds—an experiment in alchemy that helps us transform an industry dominated by EHRs and enterprise into a consumer-driven experience, one recording at a time. We believe in strong ideas, loosely held, and place a high premium on a growth mindset. We push each other to grow and expose each other to the latest in our respective fields. Whether it’s holding a PhD-level deep dive into understanding fairness and underlying bias in machine learning models, debating the merits of a Scandinavian design philosophy in our UI/UX, or writing responses for Medicare rules to influence U.S. health policy, we prioritize sharing our findings across the team and helping each other be successful.
Abridge is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is at the core of what we do. We actively welcome applicants from all backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation).
Something looks off?