Director of Enterprise Development
Health care is all about conversations, with over 2B spoken conversations each year between patients and their care teams in just the United States. However, people forget up to 80% of those conversations, leading to worse patient outcomes. And doctors are burning out writing notes in their EMRs instead of focusing on their patients. That’s where Abridge comes in — our audio-based standalone and integrated solutions record and summarize medical conversations, anywhere care happens.
About the role:
We are looking for a highly motivated Director of Enterprise Development to join our dynamic team at Abridge. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to drive new customer bookings, expand pilot opportunities, and articulate the value of Abridge solutions to healthcare executives and clinicians. With your extensive experience in consultative selling, knowledge of large healthcare systems, and exceptional communication skills, you will play a pivotal role in our rapid growth and establish Abridge as a leading innovator in generative AI applications for healthcare.
What you would do:
- Drive booking for net new customers and expansion of pilot opportunities
- Articulate value of Abridge solution and technology to Health Systems executives and clinicians
- Develop pipeline within an assigned region to penetrate new accounts and create opportunities for Abridge solutions
- Work with health systems to define success criteria for initial Abridge usage and convert pilots into long-term customer agreements
- Execute recommended activities with prospective customers in alignment with the sales process to advance evaluation of Abridge solutions and drive opportunities to closure
- Build relationships with key decision makers and C-Level executives within IDNs and work directly with Physicians and Physician Services executives
- Develop account plans to fully deploy Abridge solutions by working with customers to build roadmaps for future expansion
- Work cross-functionally with relevant team members including product, implementations, support, legal, and marketing to enable customer success
- Proactively develops and expands network of relationships to generate opportunities
- Serve as an ambassador for Abridge in representing the company and our thoughtful approach to generative AI uses in healthcare environments
Who you are:
- Excellent communication and active listening skills, ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders at Integrated Delivery Networks and Enterprise Health Systems
- Prior sales experience with large, complex health systems including knowledge of stakeholders, policies, decision-making protocols, and technology evaluation norms
- Ability to navigate within large, matrixed organizations with shifting priorities
- Skilled at articulating value to prospective customers by working to understand organizational objectives and creating alignment with technology solutions
- Business and financial acumen including a proven track record of delivering results through strategic customer relationships, exceeding sales goals, and creating great outcomes for customers that are referenceable
- Ability to deal with change and thrive in ambiguity
- Comfortable executing against a responsive sales process framework with a bias for action and focus on accountability
- Command of recent trends and policies impacting key stakeholders at IDNs and Health Systems
- Comfortable developing multi-input account strategies to roadmap technology adoption across multiple years inside large Enterprise Health Systems
- Strong knowledge of Physician workflow and clinical documentation requirements, prior experience with documentation solutions, EHR, and speech recognition technology is strongly recommended
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 7+ years direct sales experience in Healthcare SaaS and technology solutions
- Evidence of success in roles focused on new customer acquisition
- Experience selling to Integrated Delivery Networks and Enterprise Health Systems
- Demonstrated track record of consultative selling ability at C-suite level
- Previous responsibility with 7 figure contracts and multi-million dollar quotas
- Proven track record of consistent new business growth and relationship development
- Strong executive-level negotiation skills including contract and business terms
- Ability to communicate and influence at all organizational levels
- Strong interpersonal, time management, and presentation skills
- Ability to travel within the assigned territory to support sales objectives
We value people who want to learn new things, and we know that great team members might not perfectly match a job description. If you’re interested in the role but aren’t sure whether or not you’re a good fit, we’d still like to hear from you.
Life at Abridge
At Abridge, we’re driven by our mission to bring understanding and follow-through to every medical conversation. Our culture is founded on doing things the “inverse” way in a legacy system—focusing on patients, instead of the system; focusing on outcomes, instead of billing; and focusing on the end-user experience, instead of a hospital administrator's mandate.
Abridgers are engineers, scientists, designers, and health policy experts from a diverse set of backgrounds—an experiment in alchemy that helps us transform an industry dominated by EHRs and enterprise into a consumer-driven experience, one recording at a time. We believe in strong ideas, loosely held, and place a high premium on a growth mindset. We push each other to grow and expose each other to the latest in our respective fields. Whether it’s holding a PhD-level deep dive into understanding fairness and underlying bias in machine learning models, debating the merits of a Scandinavian design philosophy in our UI/UX, or writing responses for Medicare rules to influence U.S. health policy, we prioritize sharing our findings across the team and helping each other be successful.
Abridge is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is at the core of what we do. We actively welcome applicants from all backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation).