Software Engineer, DevOps
Terray Therapeutics is a venture-backed biotechnology company led by pioneers and long-time leaders in artificial intelligence, synthetic chemistry, automation, and nanotechnology. We’re generating chemical data purpose-built to propel drug discovery into the information age — and we’re doing it on a larger scale and faster than has ever before been possible.
Our closed loop system generates precise chemical datasets at unrivaled scale that work seamlessly with AI to systematically map biochemical interactions between small molecules and causes of disease. Iterative cycles of virtual molecular design and experimentation power AI and machine learning models, which in turn guide the next cycle of design. With a chemistry engine that measures billions of interactions daily and becomes increasingly precise with every cycle, we can answer an unprecedented array of questions — deriving insights that enable us to predictably create drugs for patients in need.
Terray is currently seeking a motivated, creative, and experienced Software Engineer with a focus on DevOps. As an integral member of our Computational and Data Science team, the candidate will be responsible forfacilitating deployment and continuous integration of our technical products across the board.
The core responsibilities of this position are:
- Build, maintain, and improve our continuous integration pipelines for testing and linting code before merging
- Implement continuous deployment across our key products, both in the cloud and on-premises
- Maintain and develop our cloud footprint with IaC
- Write unit tests, assist with documentation, and participate in code review process
Experience and Qualifications
Part of Terray’s success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, vested in a vision of excellence, and actively taking part in the success of the business. Terray supports a positive work environment where employees can feel engaged, recognized and empowered to be creative.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Highly proficient in Python. Experience in the PyData stack is a plus (numpy, pandas, scipy, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Experience working in a Linux environment, namely in CLI.
- Experience with SQL and interfacing with databases in code
- Experience with AWS cloud resources
- Experience with container build and deployment systems like Docker
- Experience with IaC for an AWS environment
- Knowledge of coding best practices, including standards, reviews, version control, and unit testing
$132,000 - $198,000 (annually) depending on seniority; participation in the Company's option plan; 3% 401K contribution; full benefits.